1. User Restrictions and Access to the Harambee City digital archives and website is granted for the purposes listed below.
- educational, scholarship, and research purposes ONLY
- private study or research for a non-commercial purpose
- in the course of instruction or examination
- in preparation for instruction or examination (by either the giver or receiver of instruction).
You agree to abide by all applicable laws and regulations, including intellectual property law and fair use under copyright law, in connection with the use of this site.
2. You may reproduce material from the Harambee website provided that: Harambee City is identified as the source. If you use the document collections, lesson plans, or audio/visual materials from this site for any research that results in an article, a book, or other publication, you agree:
- to list Harambee City as a resource in your bibliography.
- exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the material reproduced;
- do not manipulate and/or modify the material reproduced
- do not represent copies as an official version of the material reproduced or as having been made in affiliation with, or with the endorsement of, Harambee City website, its agents, developers, or hosts.
3. You understand and agree that this site makes no warranty or representation regarding the control, accuracy, currency, completeness, reliability, or usefulness of the content in the collections and interviews.
4. Some images within this site are copyrighted by other entities. It is the user's responsibility to identify the copyright owner and to obtain all necessary clearances before making commercial, broadcast, or other use of this material.
5. Under no circumstances shall Harambee City or its developers, agents, or hosts be responsible for any indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising from or in connection with the use of or the inability to use the Site or any content contained on the Site.
6. Commentary from users will not be removed UNLESS discourse is uncivil, obscene, racist, hate speech, or harassing speech.
7. It is possible that information from the commenting sections could be collected and disseminated without the knowledge or consent of Harambee City. The site, the developers, hosts, or its agents are not responsible or liable for any such unauthorized uses of data.
8. Harambee City site respects the intellectual property rights and other proprietary rights of others. In appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, it can remove certain content or disable access to content that appears to infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your copyright has been violated by material available through the site, contact the site developer immediately. Please provide the following information: Identification and proof of the copyrighted work, your address, telephone number, and email address.
9. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Harambee City site and its developers, agents, and hosts against any and all liability, loss, claims, damages, costs, and/or actions (including attorneys’ fees) arising from your use of Harambee City’s site and all materials therein.
There may be changes to this policy from time to time. User notification will appear within the site’s Terms and Conditions section. Your use of the Site and the materials within constitutes your acceptance of all policies listed herein.